Made by: Sarah & Sean Conley
Original Recipe from:
1/3 of a white onion
3 medium Serrano peppers
1 medium tomato
1/3 cup of coconut oil
Cumin to taste
1. Heat the coconut oil on med/high heat in a large frying pan.
2. Peel the potatoes and chop them into half-inch squares and fry them until golden brown. Add cumin to taste during the frying process.
3. Remove the potatoes onto paper towels to drain them of the excess oil and lightly salt them.
4. Chop the onion into as small pieces as possible.
5. Remove the seeds from inside the Serrano peppers and chop them into as small pieces as possible.
6. Drain the remaining oil from the frying pan on med/high heat again and then pour in the chopped onions and Serrano peppers and stir frequently.
7. Chop up the tomato into about quarter-inch squares and remove the excess liquid with paper towels.
8. Once the onions start to become translucent pour in the chopped tomato and lightly salt it (about a teaspoon) and stir constantly for about 2-3 minutes.
9. Then pour in the friend potatoes and again stir constantly for about 3-5 minutes.